They appear on SOME dolls from every year from 1986 to current. They really don't mean anything.
What year are the artist marks stamped on the doll?
Like was it the 1995 dolls or the 1991 dolls?
They appear on SOME dolls from every year from 1986 to current. They really don't mean anything.
Why are they mreo valueable with this? I have 2 dolls with it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because people don't know any better. Ebay sellers have made it sound like they prove age, authenticity, or somehow make a doll more valuable. They don't. Some white bodied dolls don't have them, and some brand new ones from AG do.Originally posted by Dancing_Queen:
Why are they mreo valueable with this? I have 2 dolls with it.
The ONLY thing it proves is that it has a certain variant of the facemold.
They use multiple molds at the same time, so if 2 dolls were purchased together at he same time, it's quite possible one may have it and one not.
The artist marks, are behind the right ear of the dolls. Kind of looks like a # with a c over it.
It is too bad that PC did not make a mark that could show the age of the doll.
I think the artist marks do help to age the doll if added to other attributes the eyelashes, fuller cheeks, larger body, color of hair and skin.
We have heard that some people on this board have old pm dolls without the mark. But the mark could be under the wig. Most pm dolls have the mark.
There is a whole thing about body tags. Some say that only Mattel dolls have the body tags. Some say that there pm doll has a body tag.
Then there is the thing about the date on the clothes tag. I think we all agree that the date is not the date the outfit was made but the copyright date of the company. Example is that the first Felicities that came out in 1991 all her clothes say 1986.
So who knows for sure about the artist mark?
Havens on ebay may people list their dolls as being 1986 dolls that have tan bodies. I think we all also agree that the body color changed in 1991 when Felicity came out. There may have been a few dolls sold in 1991 that had white bodies to sell out the older dolls. But white bodied dolls were only made between 1986 and 1990. kk, the 1986 dolls could have been made in 1985 but the store opened in 1986 for sales but you know what I mean.
[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
What do artist marks look like? Both my dolls have the exact same marks, so I don't have anything to compare too.
to complicate matters, I've seen Mollys with beige bodies which are just a tad bit darker than the white body. They seem to have been made after the white bodies,a round the same time as the peach bodies judging from what the lady's husband told me about the ages of their dolls.
Bookmarks